Could your Chronic Muscle Pain be Myofascial Pain Syndrome?
Do you experience Muscle Pain that is persistent or chronic in nature? Does your muscle pain make you less mobile, leaving you unable to participate in physical activities that you used to enjoy? You could be suffering from Myofascial Pain Syndrome.
What is Myofascial Pain Syndrome?
Myofascial Pain Syndrome is a disorder in which pressure on sensitive points in the muscles, called trigger points, causes pain in seemingly unrelated body parts. These trigger points are tight muscle fibers that form in your muscles after injuries or overuse, and when in a muscle can cause strain and pain. As this discomfort, strains, and pains increase and start changing from acute to chronic, doctors begin diagnosing this as Myofascial Pain Syndrome.
How Can Myofascial Pain Chronic Muscle Pain be Treated?
When treating Myofascial Pain and Chronic Muscle Pain one should look for someone trained in trigger point release therapies, muscle activation techniques or myofascial pain therapy. Some treatment options include:
- Extracorporeal Magnetotransduction Therapy (EMTT) – The use of high-energy electromagnetic radiation in a treatment area to reduce inflammation and pain and help heal damaged tissue, at a deep level.
- Radial and Focused Shockwave - Both are effective to break up adhesions and scar tissue, reducing key causes of pain. Shockwave therapy also increases blood flow, increasing stem cell production and ability for the body to heal itself.
- Active release technique (ART) – Treats your body's soft tissue by combining manipulation and movement.
- MLS M6 Laser - Will reduce both inflammation and pain, by using light therapy to increase activity of cellular function and repair, at a deep level.
- Trigger Point Manual Therapy - Relieving direct pain by manual therapy and trigger point release, which can account for up to 70% of all of the pain you are experiencing. If you haven’t had your Trigger points effectively treated, you could be carrying around a significant amount of unnecessary pain or discomfort.
- Graston Technique – Using a stainless-steel instrument and massage in combination to stretch and relax the muscle tissues
- Dry Needling – The use of a thin monofilament needle that penetrates the skin and treats underlying muscular trigger points
The key to reducing your chronic muscle pain is getting direct treatment from a trained professional. No single treatment works best for everyone but the combination of expert manual therapy, along with the integration of cutting edge therapy technology of Shockwave Therapy and MLS M6 Laser, can help you break your cycle of pain and get your life back to feeling better. If you have been in pain or discomfort for many years, it may take more than a few sessions to gain the complete benefit you seek but even after your first session, you will realize that you are on the right track.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are looking for treatment options for your Chronic Muscle Pain, please schedule an appointment with us through our online booking system. Our goal is to see clients for an initial visit as soon as possible, so we can get started on your treatment plan right away.
For New Clients:
For Existing Clients: